Who are we?
Chairperson – Caroline McCarthy
Secretary – Natalie Day
Treasurer – Sammy Waterhouse
What do we do?
We run many different events to help fraise funds for the school such as
· Christmas Fayre in December
· the village Fun Run (usually May or June)
· Summer Fayre (usually end of June)
· Movie Nights
· and other events for the children throughout the year such as discos, quiz nights, wreath making at Christmas, etc.
The Parents Association are always looking at different ways to fund raise and different events to plan, so we’d love to hear your ideas. You can either join us at one of our monthly meetings (new parents are always welcome), or email one of us listed in the “Who are we?” section.
We ask that parents support the events. A huge amount of time and planning go into these events we organise for your children, and we thank all those who offer so much of their time.
Last academic year we helped to pay for a new sound system and new lighting for the Main Hall. This will not only benefit the children hugely with their stage productions, but also will benefit Movie Nights and other events.
These are some of the items that Parents Association funds have paid for recently:
· New Key Stage 1 playground equipment
· Play pod
· Trikes and scooters
· Outdoor and indoor musical instruments
· Staging in the Hall
· Improvements to the Key Stage 1 toilets
This academic year (2019- 2020) we are aiming to raise money to buy more laptops for the children and many more books to restock the growing library and classroom book areas.
Every year the Parents Association also funds:
- Teachers to Parents texting service
- Annual “Class Present” - funded from the income from each class’s cake sale (arranged and run by the PA).
- Key Stage 1 Christmas party entertainment
- A Christmas present for every class (chosen by the class teacher)
- Year 6 leavers presents
- Remembrance wreaths