School Vision, Ethos & Values
After consultation of all members of our school community we adopted a our vision.
At Almondsbury, we are ‘Creating our Pathways’ underpinned by the biblical verse “Show me your way, Lord teach me your paths” (Psalms 25:4). We are creating pathways for each individual’s future. Our values enable the whole school community to explore lifelong learning journeys; a strong Christian ethos, pastoral care and excellent teaching and learning strengthening the foundation of these journeys.
Almondsbury C of E Primary School will help all members of the school family and community to:
- develop an understanding of the Christian values of respect, hope and love
- be happy, confident, collaborative and successful learners, developing a pride in personal achievement, whilst encouraging a passion for learning
- understand and express their own thoughts and feelings and to be sensitive to others
- be aware of the importance of a safe environment, foster and maintain a healthy lifestyle through emotional self awareness and physical well being enabling them to deal with challenging situations
- develop integrity, value and respect others, as part of the local community and within our diverse society
- gain optimum learning experiences equipping children with the skills and knowledge needed for their future with a sense of self responsibility
At Almondsbury we try to make sure the children have the best educational start in their school career. The staff are a dedicated group of people who have the children's needs and learning requirements at the heart of everything they do.
We have a strong Christian ethos and say our school prayer daily in Collective Worship:
God be in my head and my understanding
God be in my mouth and in my speaking
God my in my eyes and in my looking
God be in my heart and in my thinking
The school ethos is fully embedded to include the Christian values of 'love', 'hope' and 'respect' which all of the children, staff and parents are part of ensuring this is shown in everyday life in school. We expect the children and adults in school to share this ethos in everything they do within their interactions and have the high expectations. The school has a very positive behaviour environment and children feel safe, cared for and valued as individuals and as part of the collective school community.
Our own Values for Life, which are promoted everyday in Collective Worship and all interactions, which include values such as Compassion, Justice, Hope, Trust, Thankfulness, Humility and Forgiveness are interwined with the British Values of Respect, Tolerance, Liberty, Rule of Law and Democracy. The children thoroughly enjoy learning about these and showing how they can apply them to real life situations both in and out of school context.
The school plans improvements on an annual basis. These are outlined in the School Devlopment Plan and backed by action plans and developments within each curriculum area.