Sports Premium & PE
In March 2013 the government announced that it was to provide funding of £150 million per annum for academic years 2013 to 2014 and 2014 to 2015 to improve provision of physical education and sport in primary schools in England – The Primary PE and Sport Premium.
Primary PE and sport premium to continue at £320 million for 2022-23
The funding is a ring-fenced grant for English primary schools to provide additional and sustainable improvements to the quality of PE, sport and physical activity.
There are 5 key indicators that schools should expect to see improvement across:
- Increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport
- Engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity
- The profile of PE and sport is raised across the school as a tool for whole school improvement
- Broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils
- Increased participation in competitive sport