- Class Pages 2019-2020
- Mr Baykaa-Murray's class
- Home Learning Activities
- Term 5 work
- T5 Week 1
T5 Week 1
Year 5 Maths
1. Watch the video which corresponds to the daily lesson https://whiterosemaths.com/homelearning/year-5/
2. Have a go at answering the questions on the worksheet when the video asks you to.
3. Watch the video again whilst looking at and checking your answers
4. Mark your work using the answer sheets
Year 6 Maths
Please open the document 'Year 6 Maths Home Learning' below for information on Maths activities this week. The 'White Rose Home Learning' activities are also saved below as PDFs.
Non-fiction: Instruction Writing
- Cold task: make up your own game and write a set of instructions on how to play. Send your teacher a photo of you and your family trying to follow your instructions.
- Read up on instruction writing using the BBC Bitesize video link https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/topics/z2yycdm/articles/zws9tv4 and the ‘Writing Instructions’ PDF found below.
- Complete all three pages of the ‘Imperative Verbs’ task attached below.
- Spelling - see the PDF document below for ideas for both year 5 and 6.
Complete this week's Science Fun at Home challenges all based around the theme of ice. There are even instructions for some scientific ice cream to try out! Details in the Science Fun at Home Week 1 PDF below.
You may also enjoy the Quarantine Science Challenge YouTube channel - a collection of great suggestions for exciting experiments to try at home, put together by a secondary school science teacher. These are added to daily. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGpIXAXQUc0RBhxgnJ_BjEw